Cucalorus pre-Event/ Plan of Action.... Or lack thereof? Nevertheless!!


Hey guys, it's that time of year again to buckle up and enjoy in the enchanting quirkiness and sheer strangeness that surrounds our town's humble film festival!



Last year was my first year volunteering for the festival, so my course of action, sofar, is to follow up with volunteer work and catch some screenings in  between shifts.



I've been lucky enough to have a solid set of volunteer hours and have been in dialogue with the various volunteer coordinators and Dan "the man" Brawley! I've meet a lot of great folks so far, and I'm really excited to spend the weekend with all of these great folks.



One thing that I wish to do differently (compared to my last year) is to make it to more screenings. I only made it to a handful last year; one of which, though, was the seminal The Shining (Kubrick, 1980)!  Talk about a great Q&A!



With that in mind I'm really looking forward to branching out and utilizing my time as best as I can to see as much as possible. I've already highlighted in my festival program some of the UNCW alumni/ student projects screening at Cuc. However, I've yet to receive my exact schedule from the volunteer team, so I can't really make a set screening plan at this point.



But I do plan to pop around downtown to the various venues (e.g. Jengo's, Thalian, City Stage, etc.) any time I'm not tending bar- hoping my diction's not off there, for the festival. I did find last year's post-Shining Q &A with Vivian Kubrick, Joe Dunton, and Garrett Brown to be my personal highlight, so I'm definitely looking forward to those for this year!



Actionable challenges are as follows:



1)      Be consistent with going to screenings and reporting. Make sure to take many notes, as I want indulge in as much I can!

2)      Be as frugal as possible, which is a bit of a challenge when spending to entirety of the weekend downtown.

3)      Last but not least, have fun and be attentive! Check out performance art and Connect panels along with film screenings! One must take advantage of all the festival has to offer!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cucalorus Experience and Reflection

Final Class Reflection

Filmmaker Presentations Sep 28th, 2017