Bio/Manfesto

Greetings one and all!


                                                                                                                                         
                       

For those of you I don't know already my name is Matthew Johnson. This is my second year here in the Film Studies program, and I'm hoping to gear my studies towards critical analysis and film history for the duration of my time at UNCW, and hopefully on through graduate school.

As for this course specifically, I'm looking not only to gain further insights into the ideologies and practices surrounding experimental/avant-garde/ underground cinema, but also to simply enjoy the relative freedom granted by this particular genre. That which wholly caters to artistic expression and design, outside on the parameters of putative production models of traditional movie-making.

I believe didactic education to be essential to nurturing an intellectual upbringing. But just as well, we each must cultivate our own artistic inclinations, to better nurture our souls, in addition to our minds.

Comments